Join us in our latest ‘Let’s Get Real’ episode of Safe and Effective, where we delve into a nuanced and multi-faceted conversation with Rebecca Grier, a behavioral science expert in human factors and UX in the tech industry, discussing the broader issues of inequities and inequalities faced by women in the workplace, with a focus on behavioral sciences in the Tech and MedDev industries, particularly in the realms of human factors (HF) and user experience (UX).
Together, we explore topics such as biases, advantages and disadvantages, the perception of HF and UX, their interrelationship, historical context, and their application across various industries and organizations. Drawing from our professional and personal experiences, we share insights into the challenges encountered by women in our careers, how the science of human factors has evolved and continuously reinvented itself over the past century, and how our mutual love for data and statistics allows us to embrace our inner data geeks and have fun our own ‘scientist-y’ way.
In a moment of candid reflection, we address the realities of misogyny and sexism, both subtle and overt, that we have encountered throughout our careers and lives, how we confronted them and prevailed, and how we remain hopeful for a future where the next generation of women can thrive in a genuinely gender-equal society.
- The 'Pause Life by Dr. Mary Claire Haver - Demystifying Menopause
- Women are better leaders – and it's backed by science!
- Men or Women: Who’s the Better Leader? | Pew Research Center
- Research: Women Are Better Leaders During a Crisis
- Research: Women Score Higher Than Men in Most Leadership Skills
- New Research: Women More Effective Than Men In All Leadership Measures
- Gestalt Psychology, Gestaltism, or Configurationism
- Lillian Moller Gilbreth 'Efficiency Engineer'
- Guest: Rebecca Grier
- Host: Heidi Mehrzad
- HFUX Research | Medical Human Factors